Summer in London, lunch at Picture and planning Milan

Well haven't the last 2 days been a surprise - finally it's summer! This is the reason why I decided to enjoy a month off work before moving abroad - London is great in the sunshine!

I've spent the last few days flanked out in Paddington Rec, avoiding the hot sweaty tube or the dreaded number 6 sauna bus! Luckily I can walk to central London under an hour, so I've been wandering down the beautiful Regents Canal, getting lost around Paddington, re-discovering parts of Marylebone and eventually ending up in Soho!

I managed to escape some of the heat today by enjoying an exceptional lunch at Picture restaurant in Marylebone - it's their second restaurant which has recently opened, and after having an amazing meal in their first restaurant in Fitzrovia, I thought it would be perfect for a hot summery day. It really was, see the photos below, but it was one of my favourite meals in a long time - every dish was full of flavour. From the lovely lime pickle elements with the cauliflower, to the stunning soft stone bass which tasted like buttery thyme, and the beef with bone marrow crumb, sweet beetroots..perfect for a hot day like today.
Anyway, this hot weather has got me ready for my move to Florence (ignoring my lobster face/legs/arms/shoulders/nose) but more importantly my little trip to Milan!

After spotting a good deal with British Airways last week, the decision was made (a little irrationally) for 2 nights in Milan. So probably not seen as the most foodie, arty, cultural place to visit in the world (maybe just in my opinion) but after a bit of research I've got myself psyched for the flying visit!

After searching around, I will sadly be missing The Last Supper, as tickets book up quite early, and I don't really want to pay an stupid amount for a tour, but theres plenty more to do and I hope you will find the next post interesting for those planning to visit! Tables are booked, walking routes are planned, snacks are sorted and the various museums and churches are all logged in the trusty notebook....

Picture - MarylebonePicture - MarylebonePicture - Marylebone
Picture - MarylebonePicture - MarylebonePicture - Marylebone
Picture - MarylebonePicture - MarylebonePicture - Marylebone

Comments

Popular Posts