Leaving London

As August approaches it's time to start planning my big move to Florence!
After living in London for the past ten years, I've decided to move to a new city, without speaking the language, completely alone.
I've signed myself onto a 3 month beginners Italian course at The British Institute in the centre of Florence, found a nice little apartment - and that's where my plans end, so I shall see from there...

After visiting Florence last Summer, I completely fell in love with everything Italian, from the culture, the art, the history, the food and of course the wine.

So as I count down my final weeks in London, I'm suddenly having an urge to do everything I'm sure I will miss once I step out of this beautiful city - follow my new twitter account on @heard_in _ to see what I'm getting up to! At the moment it's London based, so find History, Eat, Art, Refresh and Discoveries in my current city I call home. Then come August, it will turn into Heard in Florence, so please follow in my footsteps and see what I discover in 2 very different cities.







I'm making the most of my time left in London, here's what I've been up to!

- I've gone to the theatre and seen my favourite West-end show; Les Miserables

- I've seen a gig at the O2; Bruce Springsteen, and he was epic!

- I'm using my many London walk books, I'm discovering many parts of the city I've never been too!

- I'm finding out little hidden churches, sculptures and architecture, admiring this stunning city full of history.

- I've eaten out many, many times - Cafe Murano in Covent Garden (a lovely casual Italian restaurant from Angela Hartnett, great rustic Italian food, the spinach gnocchi with 'Nduja was delicious!), Tredwells also in Covent Garden (casual restaurant from Marcus Wareing).

- Re-discovering some of my favourite paintings in the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square

- Visting famous London landmarks, and taking many photos to remember this great city by!

- And of course drinking local beers from the many breweries this great city has to offer, and finding even more little wine bars (mostly Italian!) to enjoy a glass of something nice (Vino Italiano in Covent Garden in the lower area, of The Market Building, is a great place to listen to the live music performances down there!I would also recommend Rustiko in Soho which has a great cocktail list, and some great little snacks great for sobering up a little; those polenta chips and bolognese arancini were very morish! And last but not least, just over the road from Rustiko is Tuscanic, and yes everything is from Tuscany so it's a great place to get me in excited for moving there, they do a great cured meats board and their bread is delicious!)





Comments

Popular Posts