Why Florence?


I fell in love with Tuscany the moment I stepped foot there last summer. Siena, Pisa and ending up in Florence, I knew one day I would end in the city so full of culture...but I didn't quite imagine so soon!
My passions in life are food and wine, from chef to sommelier. Mix that with my love of history, art and culture, and Florence seems kind of perfect! So here is the low down - Why Florence?


IMG_2401




HEARD

History
Eat
Art
Refresh
Discover





History
Italians aren't from Italy. Their from Rome, Milan, Naples, Sicily... they always seem so proud of where they come from, so patriotic of their heritage, and Tuscany even more so. Everything seems on a micro scale in Italy, even in Tuscany, and I love that.
So onto Florence and what I'm looking forward to:
The Duomo, the Ponte Vecchio, Bargello, Santa Croce, The Uffizi, Piazza della Signoria, San Lorenzo, Santa Maria Novella, Biboli Gardens.

IMG_2410



Eat
So theres the pasta and the pizza.
But theres the famous Fiorentina steak, the pecorino cheese, the wild boar and the cured meats, better start exercising once I'm over there!

IMG_2405



Art
The artists dream, with all Tuscans spending at least some of their time in Florence. Focusing in on Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque; I'll be searching out the beautiful churches, buildings and art galleries around the city. Finding works from Brunelleschi, Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael...

IMG_2503



Refresh
Home of the Sangiovese grape, and luckily it's my favourite wine! To its' young, lively fresh and fruity style, to its' great ability to age, taking on more earthy and savoury notes, I'm certain I won't be getting sick of it anytime soon! Its a great wine for all the plates of pasta and huge chunks of meat I shall be devouring.

IMG_2585



Discover
For everything else in between, from events, beautiful buildings and picturesque photos, shops, markets, days out of the city and of course how I get on learning the Italian language! I look forward to discovering everything this city has to offer.

IMG_2530

Comments

Popular Posts