Vivanda - Oltrarno, Florence

A cute (very) little organic restaurant in the Oltrarno district of Florence - just a hop over the "other" side of the river you will find Vivanda.



With lots of focus on dishes suitable for vegetarians, vegans and gluten free options too, it's a very varied menu which means it has something for everyone.
I visited on a Friday lunch time, so it had a nice atmosphere, I can imagine dinner is a bit more lively, with the music a little louder, along with the diners!
I visited in between my Italian language course and my art history lecture so sadly only 1 glass of wine over lunch - the "Gagio" a 100% trebbiano was surprisingly full of flavour, normally a pretty bland grape, I was pleasantly surprised; lots of citrus notes, some green apple, white petals with a great acidity to finish.

This was one of their own wines, which you can also purchase in their shop just around the corner selling fresh pasta and bread too.



From humble beginnings; this restaurant was set up by 2 childhood friends who founded a winery in Cerbaia in Tuscany, focusing on organic wines.



The bread selection is super tasty, lots of variety of flavours and beautifully fresh.
My starter of croquettes of aubergine, basil with a tomoto salsa was delicious - pretty big portion too!



Main course I went for the waitresses suggestion; ravioli, with mozzarella, capers and tomatoes - very happy with this, I even recommended it to the table next to me who were giving my plate of food the eye! Packed full of flavour, one of my favourite pasta dishes I've had in Florence!



Everything coming out of the kitchen looked super tasty, my friends baked organic vegetables with mozzerella was a simple and flavoursome combination, and her ravioli with wild garlic and parmesan was throughly enjoyed.

Find it on Via Santa Monaca 7/r, Florence


Comments

Popular Posts